The electrical system in a vehicle is very important to its safe/reliable operation and cannot be ignored when maintenance issues arise. The expert mechanics at Rescue Auto troubleshoot your vehicle’s electrical system by using our highly sophisticated diagnostic equipment to interface with and access vehicle data systems to seek out and identify the cause of electrical problems.
MAINTENANCE BY RESCUE AUTO
Our electrical system service includes:
- Check headlights
- Check battery and connections – visual inspection of battery and case condition, very thorough
- Check electronic instruments and displays to make sure they are functioning properly and illuminated properly
- If necessary, use diagnostic equipment to determine where electrical shorts are causing larger issues
- Check to ensure your battery can still deliver adequate power, and replace it if necessary
- Electrical cable connections are examined and adjusted, if necessary
WHY USE RESCUE AUTO?
Our ASE Certified mechanics will check your electrical system as part of normal maintenance because we understand how vital it is for your vehicle to have properly functioning electronics and computer systems.
SIGNS YOUR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED:
It should not necessarily be assumed that a vehicle is not starting simply because the battery is drained or dead. Defective components in the electrical system that are not related to the battery could actually be draining your battery and preventing the engine from starting up. This is very deceptive because it could lead one to believe that the battery is the problem when it’s actually a much more involved issue.
Cars that are older and have higher mileage tend to be the ones that have issues with electrical parts, so that’s an important consideration when an engine won’t start. Hard starting can also be a problem. This is when a vehicle does start up but only after a labored cranking process or multiple attempts with an engine that is not turning over initially. This can be caused by problems with fuel injection delivery.
The following signs should compel you to have your vehicle’s electrical system checked by Rescue Auto.
Have your vehicle’s electrical system checked immediately if:
- Your vehicle won’t start – you turn your key and hear clicking, grinding, or no sound at all
- Interior or dashboard lights do not illuminate properly
- Your vehicle runs well, but the headlights dim while you’re traveling at low speeds, or idling at a stop
- Difficulty cranking engine
HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS SERVICE?
Electrical systems are one of the most overlooked parts of a vehicle, but they cannot be ignored for long, especially if there is a problem. With dozens of components that are absolutely vital to sending power to the proper channels and components in your vehicle, it’s important to be able to properly diagnose problems when they arise, or your vehicle could be out of commission for a very long time.
The year, make and model of a car can determine a wide array of parts that are very different from other vehicles that need to be checked, maintained and potentially replaced.
Your electrical system controls or includes:
- Computer Systems
- Sensors, etc.